09/02/13 - loch etive - mv cregallan

sultzer

09/02/13
Loch Etive - MVCregallan
Weather: Over cast , lightish wind getting cold near end of session
Bait: mackie , squid , kipper , herring , sprat , sardine
Fish Caught : whiting , thornback ray , spurdog , pouting , lsd , poor cod , cod

This trip putting together was a nightmare , it was a work trip out with only 3 guests , but it ended up with 3 short and only myself and Andy from work .

Thank you for Dave , Mike and Mac who filled 3 places and Neilg who had to pullout last min but still paid , a free trip in march for ye bud .
We all arrived roughly the same time , setting up gear while we saw Colin steam up the Loch .
Everyone aboard we headed right down towards the glen etive area of the loch , Al "squid ink" hooked into a thornie and a whiting , not long after andy hooked into a spur , wee brian hooked into a spur then a whiting , while the rest of us stood about .
feb1_zps7a8db750.jpg
feb213_zpsd3f7c921.jpg
etive1_zps9259e32b.jpg
Wee brian was getting loads of bites reeling up he bitten off once , reeled up again same thing , 7 times he was bitten off . I managed to get a spur followed by a whiting .
I had a good bite reeled into it a fine 8lb spur on a 1/0 hook ,
feb913_zpsa89d91be.jpg
while unhooking BBrian brung in a spur shouting a net a net ..... i am sure he was thinking about huluo from the kloset bar .......lol...lol.
feb413_zps7077d2b3.jpg
We moved to another mark , wee brian caught a pouting , i managed to catch a few LSD as did a few of the others on the boat , tiny spurs kept coming aboard .
feb313_zps8d05bceb.jpg
feb613_zps08547be0.jpg
We headed to another mark where same as last whiting , tiny spurs , Al caught a poor cod with it's eyes blown out , Mac caught a cod and while unhooking it fell right back in a healthy 3-4 lber ...
feb713_zpse72e53ff.jpg
feb1013_zpscb904110.jpg
So a good day out with some cracking craic , 7 species in total
Biggest spur - sultzer - beers
Biggest Thornie - Al - choco bars
Most Species 25 in total" - Al - rigs

Brian shouted Huluo are you one of these , crying o Huluo whereart now :hypocrite
etive2_zps2336b3b2.jpg

and by god i was starving
etive3_zps971e7993.jpg
etive4_zps220cb905.jpg