If you haven't got a telescope try http://www.u-net.com/ph/mas/tour/tour.htm

(Manchester)

or http://www.salfordastro.org.uk/

(around about)

oh and you can get a Planisphere for a fiver

good to have for night fishing

Cheers

Liam

ps Theres satellites on show every night, they only last a few secs, its when their

arms (or whatever) reflect the sun.

and a link for the UK astronomers is

here

Guest RobStubbs

That's one of the great things about night fishing in the winter. Didn't catch much apart from various constellations, but did see a couple of 'shooting stars'. Can't take my 5" around with me it's too heavy and awkward.

Also these computer things enable you watch all kinds of stuff. I'm currently watching the space walk on NASA TV, quality isn't as good as the CNN TV broadcast but it's OK.

Rob.

Originally posted by RobStubbs:

That's one of the great things about night fishing in the winter.  Didn't catch much apart from various constellations, but did see a couple of 'shooting stars'.  Can't take my 5" around with me it's too heavy and awkward.

Also these computer things enable you watch all kinds of stuff.  I'm currently watching the space walk on NASA TV, quality isn't as good as the CNN TV broadcast but it's OK.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

It amazes me that you can see stuff so clearly !!!

After all its just a shaving mirror and a magnifying glass smile.gif

I dunno what's happening with the International Space Station (sort of heard it on the news)

anyways, if you keep reloading the picture below, it gives you the latest position of where it is (If it works?)

Cheers

Liam

orbitgif.exe?icon=default&width=220&height=220&mode=A&Line1=1+25544U+98067A+++00338%2E32832659++%2E00099273++00000%2D0++10268%2D2+0++3445&Line2=2+ 25544++51%2E5759+++0%2E4829+0003346+256%2E7536+103%2E3510+15%2E63926190116437

Guest RobStubbs

Apaprently the ISS opened one of the solar panels but it was a bit 'floppy'. The other one should be opened tonight, last I heard.

FYI (and so I can boast biggrin.gif ) I'm hoping to see a shuttle launch when I'm over to the US in May - fishing.

Rob.