others jobs, what about wages?

Guest norfolkpete

Guest norfolkpete

On the subject of what others do, I am a gardener on a private Norfolk estate, and yes, I do have access to an unfished lake, except by me and my 'friends, (farm reservoir actually but crammed with kamikaze roach, rudd and Crucian, have seen roach to 3lb 4oz!!!) what I need (in exchange for a possible dabble in this lake?)Is info about pay for other jobs. I have been asked to write an article on Wage Levels for Gardeners (which are generally on the very low side) by THE trade magazine and would like to be able to quote salaries for other trades/professions. All I need is something like Plumber £xx.xxxpa and yy hours per week The yearly salary will be better than an hourly rate for comparison. To avoid making others jealous feel free to email me direct on pfnorfolk@aol.com

If you could tell me how to rid my garden of the now very very rampant and totally in control Mares Tail I would recommend you get at least treble your wage.

As to wages - well Its been 9 years since I left teaching so my wage is not really appropriate. However as a comparison you may wish to know that my son is in computer programming and (I'll not tell you his rate) the hourly rate can vary from £40 to £120 an hour. Very nice when you consider my son is only 23 which is about the age range commanding those sums.

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Jaybee:

If you could tell me how to rid my garden of the now very very rampant and totally in control Mares Tail I would recommend you get at least treble your wage.

As to wages - well Its been 9 years since I left teaching so my wage is not really appropriate. However as a comparison you may wish to know that my son is in computer programming and (I'll not tell you his rate) the hourly rate can vary from £40 to £120 an hour. Very nice when you consider my son is only 23 which is about the age range commanding those sums.

It's easy, move, that will be 120 quid

Alan(nl)

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by norfolkpete:

On the subject of what others do, I am a gardener on a private Norfolk estate, and yes, I do have access to an unfished lake, except by me and my 'friends, (farm reservoir actually but crammed with kamikaze roach, rudd and Crucian, have seen roach to 3lb 4oz!!!) what I need (in exchange for a possible dabble in this lake?)Is info about pay for other jobs. I have been asked to write an article on Wage Levels for Gardeners (which are generally on the very low side) by THE trade magazine and would like to be able to quote salaries for other trades/professions. All I need is something like Plumber £xx.xxxpa and yy hours per week The yearly salary will be better than an hourly rate for comparison. To avoid making others jealous feel free to email me direct on pfnorfolk@aol.com

If it is any help to you, I could find out what the minimum rates are in Holland. Minimum rates are law here as are firm contracts. Let me know and if it is not too urgent, ie by yesterday, I will see what I can do.

Alan(nl)