Smoking !!!

Guest loonyl

Guest Martin Salisbury

Disgusting evil habit and a waste of money.

My sister works in a hospital and has seen enough seriously ill people because of smoking to tell enough horror stories to put ANYONE off smoking

Martin

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Martin Salisbury:

My sister works in a hospital and has seen enough seriously ill people because of smoking to tell enough horror stories to put ANYONE off smoking

Martin

Sadly, Martin, I bet that many of your sister's colleagues still smoke, despite what they've seen.

Most smokers, even those that 'enjoy' it, would rather not be smokers. You surely don't think that those huddled, shivering creatures you see outside their smoke-free workplaces are happily 'choosing' to smoke, do you?

Gotta go, getting mad and sad, as I always do on this hideous, desperate subject.

Take It Easy (But make 2001 the year you free yourself)

Terry

Guest markward

Zyban-Working in the drug industry I know a little about this drug, it's basically an anti-depressant with the side effect of suppressing other desires the body might have(including nicotene addiction).As with all drugs they do have their down side and working with another well known anti' some of these can be quite severe including ending in suicide!!

Best way is to try good old will power, not easy I know but it retains your sanity!!

Hi Markward,

Outa interest have you come across any drugs for memory disorders?

I heard Ampakines (CX-516) from the States was supposed to be good, but haven't heard anything else about it

Cheers

Liam

Originally posted by markward:

Zyban-Working in the drug industry I know a little about this drug, it's basically an anti-depressant with the side effect of suppressing other desires the body might have(including nicotene addiction).As with all drugs they do have their down side and  working with another well known anti' some of these can be quite severe including ending in suicide!!

Best way is to try good old will power, not easy I know but it retains your sanity!!

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by markward:

Zyban-Working in the drug industry I know a little about this drug, it's basically an anti-depressant with the side effect of suppressing other desires the body might have(including nicotene addiction).As with all drugs they do have their down side and  working with another well known anti' some of these can be quite severe including ending in suicide!!

Thanks, thats a bloody site more than the "Doctor" told me. I felt realy terribly.

Alan(nl)

I gave up smoking last new years and havent touched one since.I think it all boils down to whether you really want to stop.I decided a few months before and really talked myself into it!! it was hard at first but as i used to say to myself today wont be as bad as yesterday,it seemed to work!!Out of the money i saved i bought a Zziplex primo synchro and an Abu mag elite (still dont catch nowt but look the part!!!!)so set yourself goals and stick to them!!!

Best of luck to all that try

Merry Christmas

Snowy

I suppose I'd better admit it. I smoke eek.gif there I've said it! I know I should give up 1, because of my health & 2, because I can't afford it. I have changed from ready mades to roll ups as it is a lot cheaper & I don't smoke anywhere near as much. Liam keeps nagging me, my friend gave me a lecture last night. I have no will power at all & no desire to give up at the moment. I can go for hours without one if need be so one day I will stop but not just yet. Sorry all you anti's perhaps you better start nagging me as well.

lyn

Guest darrell.cook

Good luck to all who try to pack it in.Been there and done it,after several attempts mind.

Everyone knows it's bad for your health and wealth.All smokers wish they didn't, but not all want to give up,and a genuine longing to give up is what makes the difference.If it's what you really want,stick at it,it's well worth it.