TECHNOLOGY CRAP or is it just me?

Guest Alan Pearce

Guest Alan Pearce

Right, in the past couple of months I have tried to use the internet for variouse things in life, not least AN. My Building Society said they would pay me extra interest if I switched to an Internet Account, spent 2 hours with a lady at the Halifax and we couldn't get the account set up. Next started shopping around for insurance quotes for the house and cars and bugger me two big insurance companies couldn't quote due to them, or there computers not recognising my post code, even though one of them sends me a bill each year with that post code on.

Today got my phone bill for the internet line and it wasn't very pretty, so I decided to do something about it. Spent around 4 hours trying to log onto variouse companies offering a flat monthly or annual charge, filled in all types of on line forms etc but got nowhere fast. Even spent 20 minutes on the LineOne help line at 50p a minute only to be told that they would call me back, that was two hours ago.

Someone out there must have a suggestion, its driving me crazy. Must be simple though and I don't want to loose my exsisting email addresses. Can you help?

Alan. confused.gif

P.S. sorry this is not fishing related but I wont be soon if this carries on.

[This message has been edited by Alan Pearce (edited 12 December 2000).]

Guest Alan Pearce
Originally posted by Ian Cresswell:

Better to post this one on the non-fishing chat forum Alan!

Cheers,

Ian.

I know but thought I would get a quicker and better response here.

Alan.