General legering/ feeder fishing for an assortment or species...

moonlight angler

I fish a small water with 2 main islands in the middle with lots of overhanging trees.

The water has carp to 15lb or so and tench to 4lb and a few bream...

just was wondering what the best methos would be (bait, setup, groundbaiting etc) to have the chance to catch any of the species which are there....

I was thinking about using a general feeder fishing style... just not completely sure on how i should tackle this water.

ANy tips and advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance! :D

Is this area well fished? Is it a commercial water or just an ignored public place? Have you fished it before?

Hemp is generally a good attractant for many species and fishing a float or ledger with some sweetcorn may be a good start.

In any case it well worth watching the lake, especially at dawn and dusk to see what activity there is. You'll be able to see the main areas that fish, especially carp, feed when they roll on the surface, send up bubbles or you can see clouded water where they have been rummaging around. Tench bubbles, small fry leaping out of the water, etc.

If you can get above the lake by climbing a tree (by reading this post you agree not to sue me after you have fallen out of the tree!) and watching the patrol routes that the carp, tench, bream, etc take.

Once you know the routes and the areas they frequently visit you could set your bait there and wait. I would freeline a worm to the spot and see what happens.

Sometimes an unnatural bait like a pink pop up squid boilie can spook them, other times they go mad for it because they have never seen it before!

Let us know how you get on though, I love going to unknown or unfished places as its always a mystery what is in there.