Email Problem

Guest Elton

Perhaps one of you techy types can help...

I've got a new problem with mail. I often pick up my Anglers' Net mail at work and email it back to myself at the end of the day if it needs a long answer.

Lately, when I've forwarded an email that's in html, It's been cut by the time it reaches my other address i.e. half of it is missing.

Any idea why?

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Elton - that question is right up there with "I blanked yesterday whilst fishing for pike. Can you tell me why". Techies, like angling experts, usually need a bit more detail to work from.

• Email clients - home and work?
  • Real mail server or one of those "hot mail" things?
  • Any changes in your service recently?
  • How about RTF formatted posts? Have you tried a forwarding a really long one?

Off the top of my head it sounds like your email program at work is breaking the longer ones into pages and only sending page 1.

Cheers, Newt.

I use Turnpike at home and work, although i did recently upgrade to a multi-user license at work.

I suppose it's just yet another reason why people shouldn't email me in html - they're the only ones that get affected.

All the best,

Elton

Hi Elton,

I dunno much (anything) about Turnpike

BUT it should deliver the email no problemoes.

It's not like HTML is a new fangled thing

(or maybe it is where you live tongue.gif )

I'd just have a check of the options,

at work (write them down) and at home and make sure they are the same

eg theres summat that says "text only" or "html" or summat like that in some email readers.

Are you sure those sea monsters (monkeys) aren't playing silly buggers biggrin.gif

Cheers

Liam

ps If you get no joy , giv us a shout and I'll have a tinker and see wassup smile.gif

Cheers, Liam.

I've used Turnpike for over 3 years on both machines, so it's really weird confused.gif

The Sea Monkeys may have done it - I gave them some growth food the other day and they're getting bigger by the hour! I've bought them a load of treats, too biggrin.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk