Other hobbies

Guest John S

Okay Elton, you asked for it wink.gif

Apart from angling, what other hobbies and interests do you all have? (clean ones only please....)

Me? Reading (almost anything except soppy romance), painting, fishkeeping (tropical marine and freshwater, also a pretty large garden pond), computing (I've made the last 3 computers that I've owned, and regularly get asked to upgrade or fix computers for friends. I've also built complete systems for friends on the odd occassion), winemaking (I have about 35 gallons of various country wines bubbling away at the moment), astronomy, photography (processing and printing b/w, and taking colour prints from slides), cacti and indoor plants, and DIY (mainly with wood). Oh, and I play pool for a local pub team....

Next! smile.gif

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk

If I didn't live such a busy, time consuming, head in a computer life (can you tell that it's getting to me yet?), I'd love to indulge in more leisurely pursuits.

I really want to own a custom car, a fully-blown sit-up-and-beg V8 Ford Popular. I'd wanted to own one before I was 30...I've got until May and no money in the bank:-(

That's it for now. I don't want much from life!

Elton

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Elton:

If I didn't live such a busy, time consuming, head in a computer life (can you tell that it's getting to me yet?), I'd love to indulge in more leisurely pursuits.

I really want to own a custom car, a fully-blown sit-up-and-beg V8 Ford Popular. I'd wanted to own one before I was 30...I've got until May and no money in the bank:-(

That's it for now. I don't want much from life!

Elton

Home made wine making and drinking. Building gardens for people (I live in a flat). Bungy jumps when I can afford it. I would like to do a parachute jump in Jume if the money is there and weather permitting.

Boring realy but when you get back to fishing, that is another story.

Alan(NL)

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

When I'm not fishing I'm usually wishing I was biggrin.gif

I do a bit of airgun shooting and play a bit of football. I also play badminton every now and then. I really just like to be doing something and if it's outdoors then all the better.

Rob.

P.S. I'm also spending more time online !

My other hobbies are gardening, just taken on an allotment to grow lots of nice veg next year, antiques & antique restoration, don't get much time for that one these days!

I like swimming, badmington & running, done the London marathon 'once'!

lyn

Originally posted by lyn:

My other hobbies are gardening, just taken on an allotment to grow lots of nice veg next year, antiques & antique restoration, don't get much time for that one these days!lyn

I do a fair bit of gardening too, but that's not so much a hobby as an ongoing fight frown.gif We used to grow our own vegetables but there's so many cats around here that none of us really wanted to eat the stuff afterwards.... We do grow a lot of fruit though, most of which goes into pies but I manage to nick some each year for the fermenting jars smile.gif

Oh, to add to the list, I also enjoy cooking classic cars and missing out commas biggrin.gif

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 11 November 2000).]

Its kinda spooky ! no?

I have an allotment, grow my own vegs etc

I started growing tobacco last year,

they did ok, and I've got the seeds for this year, so hopefully it'll be a lot better.

the link is http://www.smoke4free.com

I also dabble in home brew

mmmmhhhhhh bbeeeerrrrrr biggrin.gif

like astronomy, used to use a 8 inch shaving mirror and a magnifying glass (it was ok, about 30* mag), recently bought a 4 inch telescope. £50 from loot.

Done a bit of backpacking, orienteering,

sailing, diving, etc

Basically I game redface.gif)

but have no spondoolies at the mo'

Cheers

Liam

Guest Roy Meincken

Well here goes...

Aside from the obvious fishing, I enjoy Motor Sports, Reading, Walking (though somewhat curtailed of late), Fine foods and wines, Beer, On-line activities, my kids(!),

oh, and I keep poultry...

Keep them coming,coz we are a nosey lot.

Tight whatevers,

Roy

------------------

Barely have enough time for fishing these days thanks to work and new house DIY, but what time is left is taken up with record & cd collecting (I'm an ebay junkie), watching sport (motor sport especially), reading & this forum smile.gif

Guest Martin Salisbury

football - play and also watch Preston Ne evrywhere I've been to 60-odd grounds now.

swim- at least once a week

run - long distances, for no reason, stupid hobby, do a few races, make myself sick, hurt my knee, (congrats on the marathon Lyn I hope to do it soon)

read and write

get drunk

work