Music (or not)

Guest gray-catchpole

Guest gray-catchpole

hi all

k, we all fish, but this is the human, get to know each other part of AN, so what music are you into, im into punk, as are few of you i know, does punk and fishing really mix, i hear you ask, yeaaaa, were a freindly bunch, despite what you see on tv, and any other cliche(cant spell) you see.

so what are you into ? tongue.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Pink Floyd and Heavy Metal mainly. Also early Mike Oldfield, Enigma, Prokofiev, Fairport Convention.

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Steve Burke

Country, but not what passes for country now. My favourite artists include Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton and Don Williams. Anyone else share my tastes?

My daughter is a singer/songwriter but she doesn't get it from me. I'm tone deaf so music has to have a strong melody for me to appreciate it.

At school I took piano lessons. After a term and a half the music teacher said to me "You know, Burke, you really are wasting your parents money". I took the hint and gave up the piano!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham/htm

Almost anything -rock, blues, jazz, classical. It just depends on what appeals at the time.

Imagine - a warm summer evening, bivvied-up on the syndicate lake (which just happened to be on one of the most private estates in North Staffordshire) - glass of wine, and Classic FM on the stereo - heaven !!

Jonty

Guest Wordbender

Absolutely true, this. About a million years ago, my mum and I saw Jimi Hendrix play live (waaay down the bill) at the Adelphi in Slough. Also on the bill that night was Cat Stevens, the Walker Brothers and Englebert Thingy - the main attraction for my mum, natch.

Mother thought that Jimi was particularly clever because he played his guitar by rubbing it against the amps. Oh yes.

Take It Easy,

Terry

Guest Scott.Ashworth

I'm a musician so i'll listen to pretty much anything, but preferably jazz, blues and stuff from the sixties and early seventies. Favourite band is probably the Small Faces and favourite song of all time is Something in the Air by Thunderclap Newman,

------------------

Ashy