I'm Just So Mature!

Guest Elton

Guest Wordbender

Murph,

You may or may not know that in a previous employment incarnation, I was what we fish-keepers called an 'aquarist' - and a professional 'un, an'all. Therefore, I still know my forcipiger longirostris from my amphiprion percula - even if I've forgotten how to spell them correctly.

Thus, your tragic little sachet of 'Sea Monkeys', becomes a decidedly un-primate-like pinch of brine shrimp eggs. Should a miracle occur (plus a bit of flukey chemistry) you may eventually become the proud owner of a plastic bucket full of artemia salina, or very near offer.What a day that will be. Or not.

Bit of a come-down from a dalmation whichever way you look at it, though, ay?

Look, if you want to keep fishy things, get a proper set-up and go for a native marine system, or perhaps a tropical freshwater one with a dirty great snakehead called Norman as its sole resident. That's what worked for me, anyway.

I miss my fish-keeping, I do. Perhaps I should borrow some of your Monkeys? Does the Sea Monkey shop supply tiny packs of dehydrated Sea Bananas as food? Is there a 'What Sea Monkey' magazine I can refer to? Am I going to waste any more of my life with this post?

Erm...nope.

Bye then, Monkey Boy.

Love You,

Terry.

Tel,

As confirmed by our phone call this afternoon and your subsequent post here, you are just jealous. In less than twelve hours time, I will be the proud father of a load of sea monkeys, and you just can't handle it. I'll change their little sea-nappies, take them to the sea-park to play and ensure that they have a good sea-education.

Perfectly healthy, natural pursuit, if you ask me tongue.gif

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Wordbender
Originally posted by Elton:

Tel,

In less than twelve hours time, I will be the proud father of a load of sea monkeys, and you just can't handle it. I'll change their little sea-nappies, take them to the sea-park to play and ensure that they have a good sea-education.

I can think of another sea-word that sums up the situation perfectly. However, we'll settle for the diagnosis of 'desperately, tragically sad', for now, ay?

Still love you, though. :-)

Take It Easy Sea-Father-To-Be.

Terry.

Guest Keith Truscott

Hi Elton,

Just checked out the site @ 14.4 connection that takes some doing.

I'm totally disgusted with you, don't know how big these things grow but they look a bit like a sheep substitute to me.

You'll have to stop visiting these strange sites there not doing you any good or buy a sheep skin jacket.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Keith

Guest Wordbender

I could actually see a few swimming around this morning. Haven't been home to 'sea' how they're getting on, though. I'll keep you posted!!

Forgive him, Lord, for he knows not what he does.

I bet he has them all Christened, too. Sea-of-E, no doubt.

Oh dear.

Terry

This is how mature I am....just been to town and bought some of these:

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

Well grown up, me  biggrin.gif

Elton

LOL,

I saw something similar in the Trafford center Manchester.

Dunno if they are the same, but the bumf with these are that they stay dormat for years on end....just like.... smile.gif

then spring to life when water is added,

apparently they come from before the dinosuars, and I saw one in the shop, it looked well evil !

(about a centimeter long)

Wonder if its the same?

they were a tenner, with a bowl, sand and the eggs

Enjoy!

Liam

Guest Roy Meincken

Be careful Elton, be very careful.

I sense the hand of Satan at work here. This is Devil's stuff you're playing with.

Your only absolution is to give me the Sea-monkies, strip naked and dance down Oxford Street at midnight singing the Alleluia Chorus.

Oh and by the way, pick me up a Flame Grilled Woppa while you're down that way mate.

LOL

R

biggrin.gif

------------------