Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Guest fisherking

Guest fisherking

Go on who watched it and was it as much an anti-climax for you as it was in my household.Went to sort some work out then went for a pint on the way home so came in late.Sat down for my dinner at nine o'clock and picked up the Liverpool Echo and there on the front page 'Relative of Camilla Parker Bowles wins £1000,000 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire',now normally I am rooting for everyone but this time I wasn't,so was it because I knew the outcome,because she was related to royalty or just because she looked like someone just took £1000,000 off her.

What do you think,

John.Yarh.

[This message has been edited by fisherking (edited 20 November 2000).]

Guest gray-catchpole

i normally love this program john, the edge of the seat stuff is great, but tonight one was a waste of time as we all knew she was going to do it(as if she needs it) and her atitude stank, she didnt seem botherd one way or another, the bloke after her was good though

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

thought she did very well smile.gif

only watched it because our local paper said it would have a 1,000000 winner.

bet the papers will be digging some dirt up by the morning mad.gif

this country hates sucsess rolleyes.gif

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest gray-catchpole

dave

i dont hate success, i just dont like it when a program is all about suspence, and then they go and tell you that someone is going to win, before the show is aired, it spoils the will she get the next one or not, when you know shese going to it just ruins the tention, cos there is none

worm.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

[This message has been edited by gray-catchpole (edited 20 November 2000).]

gray

my comments were not aimed at you wink.gif

they were more at the press in this country who try to dig the dirt on anyone who has made a sucsess of there life frown.gif

I bet all of us have got a few skeletons in our cuboards that we would not want a journilist to get hold of redface.gif

My brother lives in the states, and there atitude is completly different to ours as far as sucsess goes.

And as for advertising the fact they had a million pound winner before the program was aired, frown.gif I think that was more because the program was filmed yesterday and you cant put a gag on a whole audiance rolleyes.gif

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest Martin Salisbury

She didn't look too pleased did she?

Not sure whether it was because she knew the answers and so it was no big deal to her or whether it didn't matter to her whether she won a million or not ie well off already.

I know if i had won i would have still been jumping around the studio now. In fact, i would have gone bonkers! That would have made better viewing wouldn't it?

Martin

The news this morning rekon that they chose a clever person and easy questions so that the suspense would be prolonged.

The news say they did this as it ran at the same time as the last 'One foot in the Grave'. rolleyes.gif

Atb,

Gaffer.

Guest gray-catchpole

gaffer

The news this morning rekon that they chose a clever person and easy questions so that the suspense would be prolonged.

thats a contradiction in terms, easy q`s and a clever person does not make suspense, the complete opposite biggrin.gif

Guest Scott.Ashworth

I personally thought she was a right stuck up cow. She already lives in a £500,000 house. I don't know, money goes to money. I'll still keep ringing up and trying to get on though.

------------------

Ashy