I absolutely hate football !!

Guest STEVE POPE

I dislike football and I am glad I am not a supporter as when I came home last week my local town, Aldershot, was being thrashed 6-2 by Brighton!

When Matthew was younger, about 8/9 he went to see Bangor ( NI) play with my stepfather. I had no worries about him going to a match in Northern Ireland but I would never let him go to one in England because of the violence.

lyn

Guest Keith Truscott
Originally posted by big al:

no no no your all wrong!! to you want to go christmas shopping dear? no im going to the match.i love football few beers out with the boys no wife or children(yes i do love them)the atmosphere at a live game great.watford in the playoff final at wembley one of the best days of my life footballs great you all don't know what you're talking about.cheers big al   biggrin.gif

Well Well Well,

Are you a Watford Fan Al? If so we'll fdorget all about these other heathens that are posting here. I used to hold Elton in high esteem, now my dillusions are shattered.

Used to live next door to Vicarage Road and had a season ticket for many years, that was back in the days of Ken Furphy with players like Scullion, Endean and dare I say it Barnes, I can also remember seeing Barnes play for Sudbury town prior to joining Watford. Great days, best memory was seeing scullion score from the Kick off against MU at Old Trafford, Brilliant!!!

First luv now Newcastle seeing as I originate from there but Watford still avery close second and next to Robson they have the best Manager in the league.

How I miss the Rookery.

Keith

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Guys,

forget the footie, coming up this weekend we got 30 big strong guys beating the living daylights out of each other just to get hold of a ball that doesn't even bounce properly. No crowd violence!!!

It is going to be a humdinger of a rugby game.

Missus is from UK and self from SA and we dont even fight during the match and we are in the same room ( I'm bigger than her)

Last weeks game the Welsh should have won-wish they would teach us Springboks how to sing.

Much better than having to pay to watch W W W. I have the words to this acronym but cannot put it on the site I would get banned.

As to who will win, the game could go any way - if the field is wet your forewards will nail us, but if the field is dry we will win.

Enjoy,

Trevor

keith yes watford till i die.i also remember some of the greats dad took me when i was 5 .did you know that when watford aquired barnes from sudbury the gave them a set of shirts as a transfer fee.not even a full kit just the shirts,must of been the transfer of the century.i will be at palace in a week or so probably drunk best way to enjoy a great day out cheers big al

The only good thing about football, cricket, rugby, et al is that it keeps the proletariat off the streets.....

I'm getting excited again? Must see nurse for a sweetie!