Railways

Guest waterman1013

Guest waterman1013

Given the problems that Railtrack, GWR, GNER and all the others have in running anything resembling a rail SERVICE, should we not be looking for a radical solution?

How about having one company that runs the network and trains to an integrated timetable, nationwide? We could call it something like, errr British Rail. smile.gif

Yes, I think the British public (and the Government) have forgotten what a great reputation they had. A quality service, on time, clean, comfortable, friendly staff and, above all, great cuisine.

Oh, btw, the pope has just phoned and asked me to be his successor smile.gif

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by waterman1013:

Given the problems that Railtrack, GWR, GNER and all the others have in running anything resembling a rail SERVICE, should we not be looking for a radical solution?

How about having one company that runs the network and trains to an integrated timetable, nationwide? We could call it something like, errr British Rail. smile.gif

It's another one of those topics where the Britsh powers that are, should get there buts over to Holland.

It can be a shock to the system as the trains run on time and are clean.

The trains connect without long delays.

And if that does not blow there minds (assuming a lot there), the busses connect as well to such an extent that the service is called ConeXion.

The metro and trams run a great service as well.

Cycle tracks over the whole country.

The roads are a bitch in the morning and evening so to try and help to ease the problem the government helps with a car pooling system with free parking.

You get my drift.

Alan(nl)

Guest waterman1013

Alan

I once picked my wife up at Stuttgart, from the train. She had come via the Hook and train. I checked the train details on the platform and stood at the relevant carriage mark, the train stopped the door opened and out she got, just where I stood. That's what I call service.

BR may not have been perfect, but it was certainly no worse than what we have now. It took my son over three hours yesterday to get from Euston to Hemel by train, normally 25 minutes, when they run!!

As for integration, I sit outside the station each night to pick him up and the bus arrives. It departs one minute before the train arrives!! Planning or what?