Phone Number Changes

Guest Elton

Lucky old me - over Christmas, I'm going to have to update my databases due to those helpful chaps at BT. Does anyone know whereabouts I can find a list of all the recent code changes?

Cheers,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Roy Meincken

OK call me thick - I don't care, But:

How, when they added a digit to our phone numbers, ie.01932..... instead of 0932......does that make any difference? How can that let them provide more numbers? Same with London numbers...

Perhaps someone can edumificate me on that one.

Makes me seethe mate.

Roy

Originally posted by Roy Meincken:

OK call me thick - I don't care, But:

How, when they added a digit to our phone numbers, ie.01932..... instead of 0932......does that make any difference? How can that let them provide more numbers? Same with London numbers...

Perhaps someone can edumificate me on that one.

Makes me seethe mate.

Roy

I think that's the whole point, mate - it didn't! frown.gif Just imagine how much it cost industry and, once they've just got to grips with it, changing all their stationery, livery, and all other related items, they go and bloody well do it again!

I honestly feel that there should be laws against this. The UK has enough trouble competing globally, and then they go and make it even more expensive by adding allowing BT to rake in even more money per second by doing this.

Whilst I'm in rant mode, thanks to the person from Royal Mail who went on record saying that the trains/floods/whatever else he could think of would hinder Christmas deliveries, thus messing up the Christmas orders for every mail order company in the country. No, the only thing that will mess up the delivery schedule is Royal Mail's inability to tell one part of the anatomy from the other, namely the arse and the elbow. I've spent tens of thousands of pounds with them this year and do you think I get a good service because of this? No way - it gets worse and worse and worse. Having spoken to their regional Head Office, I reckon that there are about two people who know what they're doing, so thank you to them. The annoying thing is, there are some nice people in Royal Mail, as with any company. Our postman is great, as are the couple of helpful people we've located. It's Royal Mail as an entity that is inept - the accounting department are a prime example of this. I still remember the time they ripped me off for £3,500...I got it back. I still await the apology and for them to stop trying to do it again.

Rant over,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

I'm sorry Elton, but if you don't calm down, then as moderator I'm supposed to beat you over the head with this solid glass-fibre boat rod and Scarboro' reel until you calm down (or at least, until you start bleeding from the ears.... wink.gif ).

Otherwise, have fun....!

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk