Hangover cure...

Guest Steve Randles

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Steve Randles:

Benders/hair of the dog are fine for a "normal" hangover, I'm talking New Years Day stuff here!!  So c'mon, any ideas?

Hi Steve,

Now you might find this strange, but I don't drink beer. Whiskey gets me drunk but I take a bottle of fizzy water to bed with me, have a half glass before I pass out and any time during the night that I wake up, more water.

If I have an early start (0400) after a session (0200) my mate drives or we don't go.

After a heavy night toast helps as does sleeping with the window open.

Every year in Holland at midnight on New/old year the country is just one mass of fireworks. The glow has been seen from satelites. This is another good reason for not getting drunk. I will see what I can do to try and get some pictures this year.

If any of you have been to Holland for New Years eve, tell us your impressions.

You might enjoy the evening and morning if you slow down and enjoy the company of friends and family. What ever you do, enjoy and stay safe for 2001.

Tight lines (not heads)

Alan(nl)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve Randles

Now then, this is your last chance to help me and others, get over the "hangover from hell" syndrome... The New years eve hangover that is. wink.gif

Best Fishes to all here for the next year.

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

[This message has been edited by Steve Randles (edited 30 December 2000).]

Guest Alan Pearce

Steve a pint of water before going to bed plus a couple of Asprin, then if you wake in the night another half pint of water. When you wake in the morning half a pint of cold milk and two Asprin followed by a long shower. The cause of hangover is dehydration and a constriction of blood vessels in the head, Asprin thins the blood and helps prevent a stroke.

Apart from not drinking too much try avoiding mixing the the grape and the grain.

Above all enjoy getting Hammered!

Alan.