Free Stuff

Guest Ian Cresswell

Guest Ian Cresswell

Hi All,

There's lots of free stuff out there on the net ... a lot of good software too.

I'll start this off with:

http://www.gozilla.com/

This software is awesome! A great way of managing and scanning downloads.

Cheers,

Ian.

Guest Keith Finn

Ian,

This is good software, for your downloads as it will pickup, where it left off, on a broken connection.

Ther is one downside to this, the company log your internet habits and, I am not too sure about this, pass it on to third parties!!.

Another one to try is:- www.downloadaccelerator.com

they do not spy on you!.

Keith

http://www.zdnet.com and you will find a section of free stuff. Literally thousands of games, utilities, and such. They also have a section that will examine your PC and check the installed programs against a list on their "update server". It will then show you a personalized list of all the updates and a link to download them.

I've used ZDNet for years now and am convinced they do not give out your information unless you ask them to.

ZDNet is operated by Ziff Davis Publishers who do many of the computer related magazines.

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by Keith Finn:

Ther is one downside to this, the company log your internet habits and, I am not too sure about this, pass it on to third parties!!.

Hi Keith,

I've looked into this and they claim:

All information is sent and aggregated completely anonymously. No individual usage patterns are available or maintained for the files you download.

Cracking piece of software tho'!!!

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Keith Finn:

Ian,

I know it is good ,I use it myself, it is just strange, why would a firm want to log your downloads?.

Keith

They can then pass on (sell on) that information to other companies and you will become inundated with even more junk mail than you are already getting !! - and junk e-mail too !!

Jonty