COMMODORE 64, THANK YOU

Guest david platt

Guest david platt

Newt

Liam

David Kenneday

THANK YOU for the help in traceing the cassette for the Commodore 64, I am going to collect a cassette tomorrow from a guy,so

once again thanks.

Yours sincerely

david biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Originally posted by david platt:

Newt, Liam, David Kenneday

THANK YOU for the help in traceing the cassette for the Commodore 64, I am going to collect a cassette tomorrow from a guy,so

once again thanks.

From Newt - you are quite welcome. Not sure about the other two but I am old and the C64 is old (but I can remember when it was new and exciting) so the fit was perfect. Computers R Us. cool.gif

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Comm...ha ha ha ha ha commodore 64 ha ha ha he he he he sorry but i didn't think there were any left in excistance.Only joking they were a good machine when they came out for more info try contacting the british history museum!! biggrin.gif Oy newt im only 28 but i remember the zx80,zx81,commodore 16(jackattack now thats a game) & you can't forget the good old vic 20.They don't make them like they used to(thank god)

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Hi David,

You're more than welcome mate!

Heres a couple of links

________ http://www.cb64.com/ VERY COOL !!!

about 300-400kb download

and you have your very own Commodore 64 on your PC .

Just remember to hit the "Esc" button to get out and move down to "Exit"

& http://commodore64.iscool.net/

Cheers

Liam

Ahhh happy days with those little sprites,

scrolling screen, 6510? assembler, and great sound card & you could program eeproms out the back.

I borrowed one (used to work in a computer shop) that was supposed to be the laptop version , it weighed a flipping ton,

it was about 2 foot by a foot,

it kinda looked like a beer cooler, and the top bit came off (which was the keyboard) to reveal a 4inch screen biggrin.gif

Kids today eh, don't know they're born biggrin.gif

ps I was trying to find a link where you can play the old games online like Aztec challenge etc, it was pretty good, in a sad sort of way

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Oy newt im only 28 but i remember the zx80,zx81

Ah, the ZX80 - 1k memory and the screen went blank every time you pressed a key because it couldn't handle both at the same time! I went straight upmarket and bought the Sinclair QL. It set my computer studies back centuries!!!

Speaking of which - I bought a chess prog for the QL from Psion which was absolutely brilliant. It had something like 28 levels of incompetence and a full-colour 3D display. A couple of years ago I downloaded a modern version of the same prog for PC and it was rubbish! B/W only and no 3D option.

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest david platt
Originally posted by dave k:

Hi Dave

the instuction manual is in the post smile.gif

went this morning

Thanks Dave

Got the cassette, also the guy gave me load of games for the lad,Hes going to be well pleased

david biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by david platt (edited 30 December 2000).]