Windows Updates

Guest fisherking

Guest fisherking

Hi all,

I have just bought a new puter for the kids for xmas(lol)and maybe it is just the software that I got with this one but every time I have been online there has been a little windows icon flashing in my toolbar and is downloading windows updates.Anyway my point is if this is connected to the microsoft network then maybe as they are sending us stuff they are rooting through the contents of our puters and finding out where we have been and what we are up to.Maybe like in the x files, microsoft could be linked to one of those big intelligence agencies and they have underground silos with every bit of info on everyone online.Fact or fiction what are youre thoughts(if they are youre own).

John.

[This message has been edited by fisherking (edited 30 December 2000).]

Guest gray-catchpole

windows update looks at your computer, and sees what needs updating, it doesnt send any details to microsoft(so they say) i sugest you turn it off, and visit the site, that way you can select what you want to download, if this is happening automaticaly when you go on line it will slow your conection down big time

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest davidP

Microsoft got in trouble for reading peoples machines so one would hope they don't do it any more. They will look at some of the settings to determine the most suitable software & settings but they should not take anything personal.