FA Cup 3rd Round

Guest Paul H

Guest Paul H

As football was mentioned in the Coarse Fishing Forum, a question for you all.

The FA cup 3rd round has rightly returned to the first weekend in Jan, whose gonna win it, and enjoy a lovely day out in ...er. Cardiff??

Me? My heart says Spurs, still got 2 cup games on me season ticket so hoping for a good run at least.

My head, reckons Sunderland could do well...

That makes Sunderland two nil up already Paul, that's where my money would be. They're doing well just at the right time.

My team ( Port Vale ) did well this year, knocked out by Canvey Island ( whereever that is ? )

Guest Paul H

Jase, Canvey is about 6 miles from me, and the guy who scored the winning goal at Port Vale (Wayne Vaughan) is an ex-Spurs youth player and used to have a season ticket next to me at WHL. Nice kid as it happens.

I'm stil waiting to see Gardner in a lillywhite shirt, I think we robbed him from you lot :-)

Cheers,

Paul

Spare pity on me Paul, I was born into Port Vale. Imagine how hard life has been smile.gif Last year Chester, this year Canvey Island. I do remember the good 'ol days, when we knocked spurs out.

Has Gardner had a game yet ? Good player, we didn't have him for long, because the moto at port vale is "If they can kick a ball, we don't want 'em". Trouble with Gardner was not only could he kick it, but he wasn't half bad with his head either.

Oh to be a vale fan.

Well done Canvey though

[This message has been edited by Jase (edited 04 January 2001).]

Guest Paul H

Jase, I was at that game when you knocked us out, 1988 I think? I'd been training with BT at Stone all week and stayed up for the match, I was gutted.

Gardner? Well, he's been on the subs bench and by all reports is a very decent player, hopefully Spurs are looking towards their younger players and he'll get chance, must be better than one or two I could mention.......

Guest paul mc

clash off the titans at the weekend

The mighty liverpool V's the mighty rotheram(or whatever they are called)i think who ever wins this game(LFC) has got their name written on the cup biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

cardif or not

[This message has been edited by paul mc (edited 04 January 2001).]

I was there too Paul. At the time I think we were in the fourth division so it was a big day. One of my happiest memories of Vale park, in fact, come to think of it, my only happy memory of Vale park. smile.gif

Anyway, what do you think of holding the final at Cardiff ?

I understand the reasons, but would have thought it better to boot Man U out of the cup and have it at Old Trafford. They weren't in it last year, and think they'll be in the champions league next year anyway.

Sorry, not a Man U fan, used to live too close smile.gif

Guest paul mc

i think the millenium stadium is a good choice co's it cant be any worse than wembly(facilitys not memories)but as far as that other place you mentoined,its out of the question for me im afraid cos you have got to be from London to get in there

Paul (H),

Did you read the mail this morning. Apparently Spurs have won a trophy in every year ending in a one ('71,'81,'91, 2001 ? )

Could be year ?