dumping

billy5000

Hi all

Just got a volvo 340 under the councils refuse/dumping system and i waited the seven days from the notice and bought the car from them for a tenner and its a VERY clean car apart from the carbs need tuning and im missing a plate/shutters from the top of one of the carbs which is probably why its starts to struggle at speeds???any one have any ideas or have had similar trouble.

The only thing that went wrong was meeting the owner as i was picking it up and they had a good excuse for the car being left there (the couple were in the iraq and couldnt move it before they were called out)which was a bummer as i had legal ownership of the car as they didnt register it.

so i chatted to the guy who i must say was very good considering i had legal right to walk with his motor but i had to be nice and he resold it to me for £100 with 5months ticket on it which i suppose is worth it as its a damn clean car.

if anyone is braking one save me the carb :D

billy

hi

theres a part for every car there too but most people dont have to use public transport to get to the nearest scrapyard being about 10-20 miles away as i live in the sticks and a half.but cheer s for the hint :rolleyes:

billy