Ireland - Lough Gowna Area

marzi

Marzi

Had 2 days there Friday and Saturday. Didn't know I was going until Wednesday night as it was a surprise 40th present from my wife !

Weather was fine up until Wednesday and then went wet & windy for when I was there !!!

Tackle dealer at Mullingar fairly helpful. Fished Lough Slevin first day and had a few roach, some small bream, perch and hybrids. Couple of locals fished and had nothing ! Took mine on maggot feeder ...didn't seem to want groundbait.

6 lads where I was staying fished leonards Bank on the Wednesday (at a small place called ... I think .....Leonards kitchen) and had 30-40lb bream each. On feeder over groundbait. the next day I fished the North shore of the Lough west of Church Lake on Gowna. I had 5lb of Roach and a few small skimmers on the Waggler. there were 8 other lads fishing a match and one had 19lb, one 10lb and the rest less than me :D

Waggler and Pole over groundbait seemed to do better than the ones on feeder.

If you need a local contact theres a guy runs a guest house at Finea ...... helped him get his car out of one of the Loughs (!) who fishes Gowna and he gave me his card. I think he had pike gear with him. Can PM you his details.

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........