hello people

Mark Ramsden

hello im new here, like your chat about gudgeon, i was out fishing barford lakes, (top lake) and i had a few good carp on worm in the margin ,iwas just wondering if you lot think its worth trying a ledger. no one else seems to why?

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ramsden:

hello im new here, like your chat about gudgeon, I was out fishing barford lakes, (top lake) and i had a few good carp on worm in the margin ,I was just wondering if you lot think its worth trying a ledger. no one else seems to why?

Hello new person, Mark,

I have sent you a Private Message. I have fished Barford and never enjoyed it much .. it's so packed most of the time. You ask about using a ledger .. what method are you using at the moment?

DG

Take it this is Barford lakes in Norfolk.

If so I have heard they are always busy.

There may be hundreds of waters in Norfolk and Suffolk but there are very few heavily stocked commercial fisheries.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

i think you will find it is more of a match carp venue.ie.not too big a carp but loads of them. :(

so theres no real need for the ledger tactics.

welcome to the boards.

later guys i`m going fishing

quote:

Originally posted by RUDD:

Take it this is Barford lakes in Norfolk.

Well the Barford Lakes I know well and fish from time-to-time are near Wymondham, not far from Norwich, so I guessed that's where Mark meant.

quote:

Originally posted by RUDD:

... in Norfolk and Suffolk ... there are very few heavily stocked commercial fisheries.

Personally I thought there were loads ... Swangey, Rocklands Mere , Heron, Costessey, Waveney Valley, Walsham, Swanton, Taverham, Lenwade, Besthorpe, Tasburgh, etc etc etc :rolleyes:

DG

[ 13. May 2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]