Carp and barbel on the Thames at Hampton Court

Hopey

Never been here before but considering heading shortly as I have heard good things about it

To be honest I am a total novice when it comes to the Thames and big rivers generally. All my previous river fishing has been on much smaller rivers. And I have never targeted carp on rivers before, only ever fished for them in lakes.

Therefore if anyone knows how it is fishing there at the moment and give any advice on best rigs, baits etc for carp and barbel I would really appreciate.

Roughly speaking I was thinking of having one road with a heavy tunnel feeder with pellet, hemp and sonus groundbait, alternating between Pellet and Meat hair-rigged on a leader of about two foot.

Then on other road a standard running leger that I would use in lakes, with a heavy lead, a short-ish hooklength and hair-rigged boilie, in a large pva bag filled with pellet and boilie (some crushed)

Probably back lead both rods

Sound sensible? How far out should I cast? Also Braid or Mono hook-lengths?

Also I cant do a night unfortunately so it will be a dawn to dusk job – will I still catch?

Also I wont mind if I pick up any other species like bream and chub whilst trying (I might even pack a float and some maggots?)

Sorry to ask, as I know people don’t like to give away their secrets, but as I say I am new to this and I don’t get out to fish much these days, so any help making it a good day would be a real bonus!!

Cheers

"The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shape of things, their colours, lights and shades; these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts". BB

I fished through there a couple of times and had plenty of bream on the feeder on pellets, (at night). It is quite well known for barbel, my mate who I was with had a small one and a guy just up from us also had one. As for carp I don't know, there were a couple of guys bivied up, although bivi's are not allowed on that stretch if I remember correctly.