Screen shot.

bushwacker

Peter Sharpe:

If you prefer, you can create a text box first and then paste it into that, although unless you are using some really fancy formatting it isn't usually worth the extra effort.

Good way of adding a caption that will stick with the graphic, though.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

There are probably many ways of achieving the same result. Using a table format helps to keep everything together, although it can be a nightmare if you have to edit one that somebody else has set up with their own peculiar formatting. You can simply anchor the image to stop it zooming around the document. I suppose Quark Express is really the best program for this kind of work.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

I suppose Quark Express is really the best program for this kind of work.

I don't think professional publishers would think of using anything else, on a Mac though!

I have to use the pc version. I just can't make sense of Macs at all.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

I have to use the pc version. I just can't make sense of Macs at all.

I've never used a Mac, but everybody I know that does, would not go back to a PC.

I think the two are more compatible than they used to be. I'll leave any more comments to those who are better informed.

I think that if you go straight to a Mac they are ok, but if you have been brought up on PCs they are a nightmare. All the open programs/windows seem to keep disappearing all the time and I can never find where they've gone. I believe you can get Macs that work with a two buttoned mouse, but the older ones with no right-click facility used to drive me to despair. They are the opposite of PCs in that you seem to have to put everything on your desktop - something that is actively discouraged on a PC. For some reason they seem to be better at opening large image files, which doesn't seem to make sense at all, although with current memory upgrades they may even have lost this advantage now. They just seem so Mickey Mouse.