Setting up separate e-mail

Pangolin

Hi, has anyone else changed from having one Outlook Express e-mail account, to having separate addresses for each family member? I'm using Wanadoo broadband, and I've followed their recommended steps to the letter, to set up a separate e-mail address for my wife. If I go to her desktop and click on the Outlook Express icon, it loads up to the point where it says 'authorising'. At that point, a window comes up asking for username and password, and that's where I'm stuck: if I put in her name and the original (joint) password, I get 'invalid combination', and I get the same if I put in my own name. What's more, if I just remove the window, I get errors like pop.wanadoo cannot be found... Any advice on what to do, apart from ringing one of those helplines?

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

To access a separate email account, first you need to setup a new account with your ISP. Then you need the following 4 things:

POP3 Server Name

SMTP Server Name

Account Name

Password

These details should've been given to you when you setup your new account. Most likely the POP3 & SMTP will be the same as previous.

Dig out these details, or get in touch with Wannadoo

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...