One becomes Two!!!

bluemarlin

Hello All,

After much consideration i have decided against going two up with Mrs Marlin, i can see things getting a little 'heated' to say the least and i feel the temptation to drown her may be too much to resist demon She has decided on a Sidekick I am going to initialy look at the Prowler and Drifter and probably the rest as well :confused: When my paddling skills are up to scratch i am hoping to fish, mostly at anchor in a Holehaven Creek off of the Thames I will base my choice on a compromise between the stability at anchor of a beamier kayak and the speed of a narrower one. Another consideration will be the fit of my ample rear end in the various seats, i am 5.10 17st. I can store any size kayak and at present all i will have to do is wheel it from the car park to the slipway. Any thing else i should take into account? any suggestions

YIS Gary

Try out a few different seats and backrests as well, when seated have a little stretch around, see how easy it is to get items from the tankwell, or rods from the flush mounts if fitted.

Buy one in a bright colour the Thames can be a busy place you will want to be seen, especially at anchor.

Whilst your in the shop ask about safety, try on a few PFD's see which is easy to get into, and has storage for your flares and other items, forceps etc.

Ask for a discount, or items chucked in for free if you're buying a package. Always worth a try.

There is a new trolley available that will slide into the scupper holes, really nice bit of kit.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Thanks for the advice SM

I am hoping to get one of the fancy seats with the rod holders on from the US, along with Scotty rod holders ect. i am considering a Fladen Anglers Floatation Vest and i will take the Grab Bag off of my boat for flares/vhf/first aid ect

YIS Gary

Went to Brighton Canoes yesterday Prowler 13 for me Caper for the Mrs, both Angler editions.I will rig them both for fishing, so that i have the choice of either to fish from when i go out on my own.