Exeter or Plymouth

Dave A

Hi,

Having just moved to Devon, I'm unsure where the best local kayak shop is. Yellow pages show 2:

'Kayaks and Paddles' in Plymouth and 'AS Watersports' in Exeter.

I want to buy some dry leggings and a top for the winter. Could any one suggest the best place to go.

I also drive all over the southern half of the country with my job, so could probably divert to another location if there was a particularly good range somewhere.

Many thanks

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

Hi Yakity,

I've moved to Paignton.

I'm new to kayaking, but have been fishing since I was a kid. I wanted to get some dry gear so I can fish longer this year.

Are there many people kayak fishing in this area? If so, I'd be really interested in meeting up with a few of them to get some advice and perhaps catch a fish or two..

I'll go to Plymouth today - thanks for the advice.

Dave

Location - Paignton

Hi Dave.

There are four of us in Exmouth..."Chuggs"... "Millsey"... "Terry"...and me.

"Yaskalos" and "Musket" in Plymouth.

Moog" in Brixham.

"Flynny" in Holsworthy, and now your good self in Paignton.

It would be good if we could all meet up for a day on the water, Brixham Harbour is a nice sheltered spot for a winters fish. Perhaps Moog can set somthing up??.......MOOOOOOG !!! :D

Hi YY,

I got a great set of Palm dry trousers today in Plymouth – thanks for the advice.

I had to get a refund on a splash-proof jacket I bought in Paignton, as one of the seals had split. So I'll also go to Bournemouth Canoes on Monday as I'm down there for a meeting.

Thanks for posting the message about other guys in Devon. I am definitely interested in fishing a regular trip etc. I'll reply to your other message.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Dave

Location - Paignton

Hi Moog,

I'd like to meet up and have a fish. Did your mail mean that you only get Monday and Tuesday's off work? Therefore can only fish on a Monday/Tuesday?

I think I know where you launch from, as I went for a walk along the Breakwater last weekend.

I'm keen to have a fish in the Harbour area, as I saw quite a few fish being caught. I'm new to Kayaking so will need all the practice I can get (Wife permitting!!)

I haven't got an anchor yet (hopefully should turn up from the Hobie supplier by the end of the Month) so I guess I'll have to drift or tie to a buoy.

Give me a shout if you want to meet up. A few of us are going to meet up in Exeter next Thursday.

Cheers

Dave

Location - Paignton