Poole Bay Small Boat A/c

maverick of Poole

ye scotty, minimum sizes are fine for taking a couple of fish home for the table , but if some guy,s are good at catching doggies then 20, 30 dogs in a 6 hour competition is not unrealistic and multiply that by anglers on board and amount of boats in the competion it soon mounts up to a lot of dead dogfish/wrasse etc surely in this day we must have someway of doing away with all the fish kills that are left usually to rot in bins or on the beach or some dump when the "anglers" cant be bothered to fillet or freeze down the fish they said would make "great eating" as is the usuall case after a long drive home, after a days fishin its time thing were looked at in that department <_<

I saw your reply on here regarding the Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club Open competition and I was so astounded that you assume our fishing club ( which I am the webmaster ) would advocate wholesale slaughter, I just had to post :angry::angry::(:angry:

Where in any of the rules for the competition does it state that 20 or 30 doggies in 6 hours is necessary to win the competition ? That is completely incorrect and I would never belong to a fishing club which allows such things to occur.

I intend to fish the competition and will be returning all my smaller fish ( as will I am sure all club members ). Those kept will be kept alive in my livebait well for return if a larger one is caught.

Finally, I am interested where you have seen such wholesale slaughter and leaving fish to rot etc. etc. I would suggest you get the organiser of that particular competition to look at Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club's competitions and to check out our club website and see that we arer responsible, conservation minded anglers.

Paul

hello martin

well thats me put in my place :blink: sorry if i caused any offence(paul d aswell) but the way you worded your thread it sounded if you were weighing in fish at the quayside, its great to know that your club is so conservation minded .

the weighing in of dead fish at certain competitions was one of the points that i brought up at a recent SACN SFSA meeting which i,m glad to say is no longer going on we all need to do our own bit an try an educate the so called anglers who do leave bags of dead fish lying on our piers and shores!!!

p.s welcome to the mad house paul d ;):)

hello martin

well thats me put in my place :blink: sorry if i caused any offence(paul d aswell) but the way you worded your thread it sounded if you were weighing in fish at the quayside, its great to know that your club is so conservation minded .

the weighing in of dead fish at certain competitions was one of the points that i brought up at a recent SACN SFSA meeting which i,m glad to say is no longer going on we all need to do our own bit an try an educate the so called anglers who do leave bags of dead fish lying on our piers and shores!!!

p.s welcome to the mad house paul d ;):)

No problem your well and truly forgiven ;)....sorry if I seemed a bit blunt with my reply but I am a man of few words so everyone has to count :P:)

Would agree wholeheartedly with your comments re dead fish

Martin

visit http://www.pbsbac.co.uk for small boat angling on the south coast

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget if your fishing out of Poole on the 27th November from either private or charter boats to enter this competition. With over £2700 worth of prizes its got to be worth a go

Cheers

Martin

• 7 months later...

Hi Martin,

I have been reading the write-up you did on your Warrior 195, and it sounds an awsome boat.

I currently have a Raider 18, which is also a really great sea-werthy boat, but only truely spacious for two anglers and all the gear, including floatation suits etc.

Im looking to upsize to the Warrior 195, and reading on the forum, you've made it your new-years resolution to use her more this season.

If you have sadly found that you still aren't using her enough, and would be happy to sell her, then i would be very happy to buy her from you.

Im affraid im a bit of a novice on chat forums, so would you be so kind as to contact me direct on my email.

crberry2002@yahoo.co.uk

Kind regards

CHARLES

Hi Martin,

I have been reading the write-up you did on your Warrior 195, and it sounds an awsome boat.

I currently have a Raider 18, which is also a really great sea-werthy boat, but only truely spacious for two anglers and all the gear, including floatation suits etc.

Im looking to upsize to the Warrior 195, and reading on the forum, you've made it your new-years resolution to use her more this season.

If you have sadly found that you still aren't using her enough, and would be happy to sell her, then i would be very happy to buy her from you.

Im affraid im a bit of a novice on chat forums, so would you be so kind as to contact me direct on my email.

crberry2002@yahoo.co.uk

Kind regards

CHARLES

Hi Charles

Unfortunately I have not used Maverick as often as I would have liked but hopefully weather permitting we will be 30 miles offshore from Poole this Sunday :sun:

Even though she is still underused I will keep her. I really can't find another boat in the size range that I would rather own. Bought a new Indespensionroller coaster 7 trailer at the end of last year which has made launching and retrieving slightly easier, 2 of us now manage no problem.

If you are ever down in the Poole area and fancy a run out to see if a 195 is for you then drop me a pm or email me martin.burt1@ntlworld.com

Not that many 195's made although they do come up for sale occasionally.

Happy hunting

Martin

post-7012-1151622106_thumb.jpg