Spodding

Depends entirely on the water mate and stock numbers & szies. many poeple would favour spodidng, if beds of bait are a good tactic, and as for scaring the fish, i wouldn't be afraid as fish often come in onto spodded bait as if "spodding rings the dinnerbell".

I would also try and be fishing for first light and then spod larger amounts once the sun is well up, a light baiting approach at first light could bring you a few bonus fish

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here

A tactic i have used with some success this year is to spod over a wide area of approxmately 30 ft square, working on roughly 4oz of bait per foot to try and create the same effect as if you had thrown 30 pva bags out in your swim and to make any carp actively search out the food rather than the normal tight bed of bait.

Over the period of a day you can build up your swim without it costing a fortune in bait or pva, say maybe spodding up every couple of hours with a pocket rocket.

As a bait delevery system i do feel its a great way of applying bait and have even had runs occur even as i have been reeling the spod in however as Blank says it depends entirely on the venue in question and wether the fish will put up with it.

• 1 year later...
If I was spending only a day on the bank say from 9 - 6ish, if i spodded some bait out would it scare them off for the day?

thanks in advance guys JPL

well before u even consider spodding can u see signs of fish

is there dis colouerd patches of water

air bubbles in the water

and obivsley carp topping

if u see these just chuck a bait at em

if not spod a wide area of bait and fish will move in in due corse