River Wyre

Melvin

I am aware of the Day Ticket Section of the River Wyre at St Michael's but even the guy that sells the tickets doesnt really have a clue about where you can fish with the Ticket, does anyone fish it on day ticket or is anyone a member of the St Michaels Angling club that own the Stretch before the day ticket section.

Not looking for best swims, i would just like to get a definate answer as to where you can fish on the day ticket stretch ( a map would be amazing)

Thanks for your time in advance !!

I am aware of the Day Ticket Section of the River Wyre at St Michael's but even the guy that sells the tickets doesnt really have a clue about where you can fish with the Ticket, does anyone fish it on day ticket or is anyone a member of the St Michaels Angling club that own the Stretch before the day ticket section.

Not looking for best swims, i would just like to get a definate answer as to where you can fish on the day ticket stretch ( a map would be amazing)

Thanks for your time in advance !!

Do you still get the day ticket at the garage in St Michaels?

Last time I fished the day ticket stretch, the length finished at the bridge so looking up stream, the length goes on for about 3/4 miles. Used to have some lovely dace and roach. Had a good run of salmon and sea trout as well. :)

Funny you should ask about the garage as it hasnt been a garage for some time in fact i was very young when it was and i still refer to it as a garage everyone thinks i am mad.

Garage is a shop, man at shop said the ticket starts just past a red brick building which was a good ten min walk from the Bridge and then we couldnt get past the end of Wyre Side Fishery as their boundary goes to the waters edge.

I have been told that there is a section at Church Town next town up from St Michaels but i couldnt find it and i have also been told that the river can be fished on the same day ticket going towards preston.

I remember fishing a stretch in between Church Town and St Michaels, a stile opposite a house, i found the stile and battled in the direction where i rememeber going as a lad and i am not joking i would have been better equipt with a chainsaw than my fishing gear, it honestly looked like the path hadnt been walked for a number of years, when i did find the river, i couldnt get to it as it was far to over grown and the bank was very steep and this wasnt obvious due to the length of the grass.