Looking For Maxcraft

Cerberus

Hi Eeverybody,

Some of you may know me and some may also know the boat. I have just brought a Maxcraft 13foot day angler called Seaspray from a chap down in Cornwall and I go to collect it this weekend.

I have a question though. I am doing a little bit of research into muy boat and I have been trying without much/any success to locate the original manufacturer for Maxcraft. The internet searches all come up with a New Zealand firm who make aluminium boats and have done since 1974. As Seaspray is made entirely from GRP I don't think it's them.

Can anyone tell me if Maxcraft are still going, or have been brought out, or just not in business? Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. :huh:

"An amatuer built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Best Regards

Cerberus

http://www.walton-sea-angling.co.uk

• 6 years later...
Hi Eeverybody,

Some of you may know me and some may also know the boat. I have just brought a Maxcraft 13foot day angler called Seaspray from a chap down in Cornwall and I go to collect it this weekend.

I have a question though. I am doing a little bit of research into muy boat and I have been trying without much/any success to locate the original manufacturer for Maxcraft. The internet searches all come up with a New Zealand firm who make aluminium boats and have done since 1974. As Seaspray is made entirely from GRP I don't think it's them.

Can anyone tell me if Maxcraft are still going, or have been brought out, or just not in business? Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. :huh:

hi i have a 14ft maxicraft in fybreglass and about all i know is they where useing mc, callock outboards.Mine had a 45 on the back that didnt go and my grandfather had this boat from new.Im about to rebuild mine to its former glory goodluck with yours.......