Own Your Own Fishery

FishingManiac

Just been daydreaming as usaul about winning the lottery. First on my list would be a fishery. So, this got me thinking about how much I could get one for and decided to do a search.

Here is what I found http://fisheries4sale.com/fisheries-sale-properties.htm

The 2 million pound one would be the first thing I bought.

My Nubers This Week Are 3 6 7 10 36 47

Wish me luck

:D:D:D:D

Hi There

Just out of interest how much would it cost to start one ?

Cheers

Depends on what you want. If you can find one lease a smallish pond/lake. Rental would be say £300-£500 per month tops, could be less. You would need planning permission to convert to a commercial fishery, if none exists. Then you would have the restocking charge, swim building and so on. But fisheries are a reasonable risk, the number of anglers willing to pay good money to catch 'guaranteed' carp are numerous.

I suggest Ferrett 1959 would be the best guy to ask, he has I believe a fishery.

Also, might worth looking at a qualification in fishery management , there are some good colleges around that would offer advice.

Cheers

I am thinking about moving in to that area, the wife could very soon make a lot of money and we have been joking about getting me a fishery and also a small theme park for the family side and was wondering how much it would cost. I have a couple of degrees in biology and have always had an interest in fish and fishing. Was thinking that the best thing to do would be to buy an existing fishery and add to it, i live in devon and have found that over all there are very few very large carp ie 50lb+.

Cheers for the advice

STC B)

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

The person to ask is Forum member, Dr Bruno Broughton. He was a huge help when I set up Wingham, and has been ever since. His web site address is http://www.bruno-broughton.co.uk/

A couple of words of caution though. Firstly, at some stage the bubble is going to burst on commercial carp lakes, just the same as it did with put and take trout waters, many of whose owners went under. It's purely a question of supply and demand, and the supply side seems to be increasing all the time.

Secondly, the reason there are so few waters with 50lb carp is that healthy fish of this size are almost impossible to find unless imported, and this carries a risk of infection. Ask yourself who would ever sell a 50lb British carp?

Setting up my own fishery complex has been very satisfying, although it has taken many years. Short of marrying Peggy it's the best thing I've ever done. I've got to say that as Peggy is also a Forum member!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

thats wot i thought, was thinking of importing some big fish but it would be expensive and am not sure that it would be the best move. Cheers for all the help, will look into it a bit more.

Cheers

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

The person to ask is Forum member, Dr Bruno Broughton. He was a huge help when I set up Wingham, and has been ever since. His web site address is http://www.bruno-broughton.co.uk/

A couple of words of caution though. Firstly, at some stage the bubble is going to burst on commercial carp lakes, just the same as it did with put and take trout waters, many of whose owners went under. It's purely a question of supply and demand, and the supply side seems to be increasing all the time.

Secondly, the reason there are so few waters with 50lb carp is that healthy fish of this size are almost impossible to find unless imported, and this carries a risk of infection. Ask yourself who would ever sell a 50lb British carp?

Setting up my own fishery complex has been very satisfying, although it has taken many years. Short of marrying Peggy it's the best thing I've ever done. I've got to say that as Peggy is also a Forum member!

Should have remembered you Steve!! How ever can I forget your starring role in Predators? Incidentally was it your lake that was featured as the Perch venue?

Should have remembered you Steve!! How ever can I forget your starring role in Predators? Incidentally was it your lake that was featured as the Perch venue?

No, the gravel pit was in Oxfordshire, although I've forgotten which one. I've never fished it since, or even before the programme in fact.

The commercial water on the programme was local however, and one that I'm familar with, although again I've not fished it since.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net