Real Seat

john1961

my new penn surfblaster outasite extreme range was delivered today from veals the real seat moves up and down ? what is the best position for casting or is it trial and error . john never seen this on a rod before

Edited by john1961

my new penn surfblaster outasite extreme range was delivered today from veals the real seat moves up and down ? what is the best position for casting or is it trial and error . john never seen this on a rod before

Probably where you find most comfortable. I have switched to a low position about 8" from the bottom of the rod. Which I find really comfy and much less strain is placed on my back. It has also allowed me to have much better control of a pendulum cast. At the end of the day every one has a preference, thats the bueaty of a sliding reel seat you can play about with it.

Do you know if the rod is ringed for high or low reel seat position? I think, but may be corrected that if its ringed for low, it wont effect a high position but the bottom guide may be missed if its ringed for a high position.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

from the coaching i have been getting for casting initially have been recomended to have reel in up position place but in your arm pit and wher your hand holds the rod at almost max extension is where the reel should sit if you want expert advice try neil mckellow's site http://neilsforum.marsh-tackle.co.uk/forum/

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Probably where you find most comfortable. I have switched to a low position about 8" from the bottom of the rod. Which I find really comfy and much less strain is placed on my back. It has also allowed me to have much better control of a pendulum cast. At the end of the day every one has a preference, thats the bueaty of a sliding reel seat you can play about with it.

Do you know if the rod is ringed for high or low reel seat position? I think, but may be corrected that if its ringed for low, it wont effect a high position but the bottom guide may be missed if its ringed for a high position. i dont know but no rings on the bottom piece

Matt

Edited by john1961