Cheap Basic Kayak For Sale In Scotland?

Glasgowdan

Hi Glasgowdan.

I reckon you secretly want to try Kayak Fishing, but after the slating you once gave us , might be a bit shy at comming forward :D;)

All in the past mate.

What kind of Kayak are you and your mate looking for......Sit inside......or......Sit On Top ??

The ones we use, are easier to use, no complicated rolls etc to learn, easy to get back onto if you fall off, and no complicated rescues or emptying to perform.

Second hand Sit on tops do pop up now and then on E-bay, you could also ask local paddle shops to keep you in mind should one or two turn up.

Sit insides are more readily available, but bear in mind, there is more to this model, more involved using one.

Let us know what your looking for......Sit On Top is your way forward mate.

YY :)

Ive been doing a lot of pool practice with sit inside yaks with the uni sports club, so rolls etc are ok for me if i was going down that rout, but i just wanna cruise around the coastline on nice summers days to be honest, spot eagles on mull, other birds around the scottish isles etc. so something stable and 'toury' would be better

Hi Dan.

The pool training your doing will be a huge asset to your Kayaking experience.

Offering confidence and practice with the drills involved with sit inside Kayaks.

You and you Pal would be better off visiting a local Kayak store and getting advice first hand.

They will assess your experience, and needs, take into account your size etc.

There are so many Sea Touring Kayaks out there for begginers.

Remember too that the choice of paddle is as important as the choice of Kayak.

All Kayak designs are a compromise of different factors that affect stability- tracking-hull speed-windage-maouverability-durability-seaworthiness- storage etc.

From what you are saying, I doubt you and your Pal will be surfing the face of the waves.

But quietly paddling about in calm conditions.

So you wont be wanting any hi-brid stats, hard rails etc.

Let us know how you get on, please keep in touch with your progress.

Good luck to you both.

YY :)