Florida Fishing Guides

Graeme B

Off to florida next September and hoping to get a chance for some fishing. Will be staying in Olando but willing to travel up to the spacecoast or across to Tampa/Clearwater. B)

Really wanted to fish with a guide and have found loads on the net, but wondered if any posters had any personal recommendations for guides that you've fished with? :)

Thanks

Graeme

B)-->

QUOTE(Graeme B @ Dec 15 2005, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Off to florida next September and hoping to get a chance for some fishing. Will be staying in Olando but willing to travel up to the spacecoast or across to Tampa/Clearwater. B)

Really wanted to fish with a guide and have found loads on the net, but wondered if any posters had any personal recommendations for guides that you've fished with? :)

Thanks

Graeme

I have fished the gulf coast and the atlantic coast of Florida, I suggest you look at the "Florida Surfcasters" website, www.floridasurffishing.net , I have some good friends among their number, and I am sure they will help out, especially on fishing the coast between Jacksonville and up to Canaveral. September can get windy, you will need a light 12-13 foot 3-5oz, 15-18lb main line/leader, bait is usually crab/shrimp/fish. Circle hooks are commonly used, and keep out of the water unless advised it is safe to wade. I've seen the size of the sharks that occasionally swim along the beach! Fish caught include whiting (not the same as ours), black drum, bluefish, crevalle jack ( a marine bulldog!), occasional stingray, redfish. Make sure you purchase a license to fish, and include the Snook stamp. Ours were checked several times in a two week trip. No license? you're under arrest! Undersize/out of season/over limit, under arrest again!

Wish I was coming with you, our license is valid for a year, and costs $32 plus $2.50 snook stamp.

Email me if you want more help.

Philthefish