What And Where Would Your Fitting Memorial Be

Gerbil0154

I'm a Ferox Fisherman who is more inclined to post on other forums on that topic. In the course of a season I fish the Quoich, the Arcaig and the Ericht in the North West of Scotland.

Despite having fished the Arcaig many times over the past 10 years, I only recently noted the small plaque on the attached picture. It was attached to the face of a small cliff and was only accessible by boat. From its date and its condition I assume it has recently been cleaned or repaired.

The point is that I think its a wonderful memorial to an angler.

What and where would you like a memorial and what form would it take.

Im also interested if anyone knows who the gentleman was. He is obviously remembered fondly by someone

post-5969-1134772517_thumb.jpg

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

What a great idea someone had. Thanks for posting about it.

Would be interesting to get details about the man but after this long, it may be a little tough.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Skippy. I'd tried most of that myself but it's always good to see that the old adage "If you want to know something, ask an Angler" holds true. It must be something in our make-up that that means we do most things thoroughly.

The plaque looks to me to be an enammelled metal plate mounted onto the natural rock using a glue. I've attached a picture taken from a short distance away from the small cliff. Not the easiest thing to spot so you can see why we may have passed it many times without noticing.

You can see how isolated the location is. I recon they required a boat and some time to mount the plate.

I hope he was watching us from his favourite spot last season as we took and returned 3 double figure Ferox right at this point. Maybe he was helping us to enjoy the sport he loved. lol

post-5969-1134903824_thumb.jpg

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk