john wilson avon quiver

noviceangler

I have one too although it doesn't get as much use as I would like, its still a nice rod for the money. I have occasionally used it for less than serious float fishing and if you were to buy only one rod, it wouldnt be a bad choice

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

but im also interested in feedr fishing and understand the avon quiver can adapt to both

I've got 3!!! Had them for over 10 years. I use them for all kinds of fishing, river float for chub & barbel, feeder fishing, method fishing, small carp, tench, big bream. Try and get them with cork handles and a decent reel fitting. The sliding ones come loose after a few casts as the butt bends a bit.

You can use swing-tips, extra quiver-tips also. I have isotopes fitted to the tips of two for night ledgering or quiver-tipping.

They are great for touch-ledgering or with a centre-pin.

Tight lines

Brian

P.S. I would not use them for eels or pike or big carp.

{2008 Editor's Note: to view John Wilson Avon rods for sale, please click here}

Please help conserve the European Freshwater eel

- return all eels alive to the water.

- Join the European Eel Anglers Association