carp rods and reels

dr bacardi

hello all,my dad wants to set up another rod while he is fishing on his local pond he wants to setup a baitrunner so with his birthday coming up i said i would get him a rod and reel.any thoughts on what i have picked out to get him

http://www.fishtec-coarse.co.uk/ProductDet...opListRec=25292

not sure what tc to get?

and this reel

http://www.fishtec-coarse.co.uk/ProductDet...shopListRec=522

again not sure what line capacity to get

cheers chris

You might want to try here for the reel, as they have some good Shimano deals on right now.

The rod you selected is a bit of a brute. For most purposes, you wouldn't really need anything bigger than a 2.75tc.

By the way, if you use this link, - CLICK HERE - you will be helping me pay the bills here, as they pay a commission :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Greys rod spot on and nice TC as well at 2.5 :)

Reel nice but could try Okuma Interceptors which are a tad cheaper around the £30 mark

Edited by Elton

(Just altered the Trevs links to include our tracking code)

The Greys Prodigy rods are highly regarded and I wouldn't be surprised if they are flying out of the door at that price!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Absolutely - it redirects, using my affiliate code.

As does http://www.trevs-tackle.com/ to the Trevs site ;)

Ah, I see. I just wondered because it wasn't working yesterday. I tried clickety clicking furiously (or at least twice) and it didn't work, hence the post.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

had a go with the baitrunner set up today whilst i was feeder fishing could not resist before i give it my dad.i was using artificial pop up sweetcorn with a korda rig set up and feeder never tried it before and caught a few with it.couple of pics also had a few on the feeder.i am starting to catch a bit more now so i think i must be getting there slowly :D

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01126.jpg