thinking of going this weekend

tonyfisher

i hav`nt been fishing for bits or carp through as i thought they dont feed well so decided to go this weekend on new club water which i aint allowed boillies so wandering wether i can use sweet corn or is it too early for corn as my main target is carp if possible or am i better of fishing maggotts for general bits it is only a small hole with 15 pegs on it :unsure:

i hav`nt been fishing for bits or carp through as i thought they dont feed well so decided to go this weekend on new club water which i aint allowed boillies so wandering wether i can use sweet corn or is it too early for corn as my main target is carp if possible or am i better of fishing maggotts for general bits it is only a small hole with 15 pegs on it :unsure:

Ian Flynn

Take both it will not brake the bank.

You were catch more on maggot but you should catch bigger fish on sweetcorn.

I have heard of carp being caught on sweetcorn this time of the year as well as pepperami.

:clap2:

Ian Flynn

Guest Josh Iddon

Corns one of the best winter baits! Why not fish for both carp and bits? with maggot or corn you should catch a mixed bag.

Hope you catch something mate. Josh :)

Edited by Josh Iddon

Corns one of the best winter baits! Why not fish for both carp and bits? with maggot or corn you should catch a mixed bag.

Hope you catch something mate. Josh :)

il give it a go with a bit of corn on bottom with hempseed maggot on hook what size of hook as they say scale down for winter

Guest Josh Iddon

With a small hook like an 18 you can actually bury the hook into the corn.

Dont put to much hemp out cause you will fill em' up, but I always use some just to keep them rooting around. Josh :)

With a small hook like an 18 you can actually bury the hook into the corn.

Dont put to much hemp out cause you will fill em' up, but I always use some just to keep them rooting around. Josh :)

how about small pellets will these work can i ask about how would you go on

if i had been fishing float for carp at night but fishing for bits on pole but want too change method to ledger on pod and alarms but cant use bollies as i have bait boat would you fish the same way as float B)

how about small pellets will these work can i ask about how would you go on

if i had been fishing float for carp at night but fishing for bits on pole but want too change method to ledger on pod and alarms but cant use bollies as i have bait boat would you fish the same way as float B)

You dont say how big the carp go.

The method matchmen use this time of year on commercials is the bomb.

Its the most simple method there is.

Set up a running ledger with a small bomb on a quiver tip rod and cast about until you get a bite.

Try casting to features or deeper areas etc.

If you dont get a bite reel in a foot of line and try that spot etc etc

You dont even need to feed as you are counting on the greed factor.

If this fails you can then try a small maggot feeder for bits.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Guest Josh Iddon
i had been fishing float for carp at night but fishing for bits on pole but want too change method to ledger on pod and alarms but cant use bollies as i have bait boat would you fish the same way as float B)

Why do you want to change to a ledger and pod? surley you should approach the situation with whatever catches most fish. At my local fishery, Bury hill fisheries, On bonds lake (this is a pleasure venue with max weight of carp about 10lb) you see 'carpers' fishing with rod pods and boilies, and they maybe catch 1 fish all day, I belive that they do this just because they think that its fashionable, where as the more match type anglers have pleasure nets over 200lb by fishing soft paste and baits like that. Josh :)