Scotland

Guest Elton

Guest Stu Thurston

Hello Elton.

I have fished a few times in Scotland - the most recent was up on the West coast opposite the Island of Mull - very deep water. You need boat gear to fish from some of the rock marks!We stayed in a cottage for a week and got that through the national trust brochure although I dont have an address at the mo. Another good place with excellent fishing is Dunbar - go bed and breakfast at any of the numerous pubs - discounts for a weeks booking. Very friendly people. The best shore fishing is from Torness power station.

If any of this is of use I can let you know of a couple of good amrks at the power station!

Cheerio

Stu

Guest Stu Thurston

Hello Elton.

I have fished a few times in Scotland - the most recent was up on the West coast opposite the Island of Mull - very deep water. You need boat gear to fish from some of the rock marks!We stayed in a cottage for a week and got that through the national trust brochure although I dont have an address at the mo. Another good place with excellent fishing is Dunbar - go bed and breakfast at any of the numerous pubs - discounts for a weeks booking. Very friendly people. The best shore fishing is from Torness power station.

If any of this is of use I can let you know of a couple of good amrks at the power station!

Cheerio

Stu

I had a book about 5 years ago, which covered sae, game and course fishing, with loads of reccomended marks, accomidation, boats etc. It was called something oiginal like 'fishing in Scotland', and I have a feeling it was producted by a newspaper or the tourist board. As if often the case, I lent it to somebody and now it has gone. Sorry I cannot help more.

Rule of thumb is that west coast is better then east, and the sea locks are superb. My favourite it Lock Fine, at Furnace. It is a pretty ugly spot (in a quarry) in one of the most beautiful places in Scotland. Plenty of pollock, wrasse, and some monster cod and conger ( it is about 20m deep, down the side). Summer the mackerel can swamp you.

------------------

Originally posted by Stu Thurston:

Hello Elton.

Cheerio

Stu

For fishing in the area http://scottishfisher.netfirms.com

When in the site go to local links and click on the discover Dunbar link. You will find all info on local accomodation.

Cheers mmc