Information sharing

Guest Snowy

There seems to a distinct lack of information sharing in this forum. I try to post any new information I have about venues or places I have fished with the hope that some other people may have something new to add so we can all hopefully catch more fish. At the moment there seems to be either nobody going fishing or nobody willing to share information which is a great shame because we have here the ability to improve our catches. We are all aware just how bad the fishing is at present due to various factors so any edge we have available to us in our sometimes vane attempt to catch a few fish we should grab with both hands and use to its fullest extent. I hope my little rant doesn't upset too many people - just hopefully stir a few more into sharing information, good or bad. Anything is better than nothing.

Tight lines,

Snowy.

Hi Snowy

I have noticed that compared to the coarse board there are not a great amount of users here. I would guess that that theres not as much fishing getting done as folk would like. I personally am not getting out as much as I would like. All in all I would say the users of this board are helpful and informative.

Cheers

mmc

Guest Alan Taylor

Originally posted by Snowy:

There seems to a distinct lack of information sharing in this forum. I try to post any new information I have about venues or places I have fished with the hope that some other people may have something new to add so we can all hopefully catch more fish. At the moment there seems to be either nobody going fishing or nobody willing to share information which is a great shame because we have here the ability to improve our catches. We are all aware just how bad the fishing is at present due to various factors so any edge we have available to us in our sometimes vane attempt to catch a few fish we should grab with both hands and use to its fullest extent. I hope my little rant doesn't upset too many people - just hopefully stir a few more into sharing information, good or bad. Anything is better than nothing.

Tight lines,

Snowy.

Hi Snowy,

I am sorry to say that I agree with you. I have posted several topics that I would love to have had some response to but there was nothing. I could not believe that no one knows anything about the migration of cod or conger.

I hope this topic of yours generates some response and there is no way that your "rant" should cause any upset as it is IMO justified.

Tight lines

Alan(NL)

Guest fisherman

Hi Snowy,

I did follow your post of (fishing report) with one of my own, or at least with what a I caught on that particular day, but the weather has not been to kind to me as yet to be able to get out on the boat to se what is out there. I must say though that there does seem to be a lack of Sea Anglers compared to the Coarse forum, perhaps it will pick up in the warmer months, they all may be fair weather fisherman Posted Image Tight lines mate, and keep shouting Posted Image

Dave

Originally posted by fisherman:

Hi Snowy,

I did follow your post of (fishing report) with one of my own, or at least with what a I caught on that particular day, but the weather has not been to kind to me as yet to be able to get out on the boat to se what is out there. I must say though that there does seem to be a lack of Sea Anglers compared to the Coarse forum, perhaps it will pick up in the warmer months, they all may be fair weather fisherman Posted Image Tight lines mate, and keep shouting Posted Image

Dave

Cheers Dave

Nice to see somebody else posting info,although a bit to far away from me!!!!!!it's still very nice to see how other areas are fishing.With regards to the East coast its still very poor at the moment only whiting with the odd cod showing. Spurn road worth a go though one match at the weekend was won with 14lb of whiting so at least theres a few fish about.

tight Lines

Snowy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stu Thurston

Hi Snowy, I am also quite ken on people letting us know where / what's been caught. Unfortunately I havn't been able to go lately, or been able to get on this site - due to them clamping down on us at work Posted Image

I can tell you though that there have been fish coming out of Mappleton(up towards Cowden way), Holmpton(to the right of road end)and Spurn road - this info has come from our last club match of 3/12/00

Hope this is of use

Sorry I couldn't post sooner

Guest Leon Roskilly

I work on the 9th Floor of Mountbatten House, overlooking the river at Chatham.

It was good to see the kids fishing Gillingham Pier and Sun Pier catching lots of whiting and pout over the last few weeks Posted Image

On Wednesday morning, I glanced out of my office window and saw a large trawler, with booms hanging out both sides, sweeping the river, narrow at this point.

It must have done OK, because it came around and swept the ground again, and again, and again..........

I hope that no one was intending to fish the Medway at the weekend, it's empty,

I feel sorry for the kids, they are going to be left wondering what they are doing wrong Posted Image

Tight Lines - leon

Guest fishaholic

The last three times I have been fishing, the wind has been right in my face, so I could n't cast very far cos i'm not the greatest caster in the world so the wind didn't help. (i was fishing in south wales by the way)

Posted Image Fishaholic Posted Image