North Devon / Cornwall

Pav

Srolled down the threads and couldn't find anything recent on the north coast so...

Out from Westward Ho! Rocks. Choppy and windy! Took a mate out on the tandem who has never fished before. Got him into 2 Pollock. and.. I blanked :rolleyes:

I love seeing people catch their first fish. Even better when they catch the 2nd, excited and shouting its bigger than the 1st, to see it surface :lol:

Anyone else getting out and catching on the North side?

:) Hi Pav.I tried my luck in the Estuary from Appledore without any luck last week.Westward Ho! Looks good around the rocks at the back of the Elizabethan hotel ,is that where you fished.Where did you launch from as there always seems to be surf about 2-3 ft or worse .

There are a few North Deb'n Beys on the forum but things have been a bit quiet lately.

Hobie Mirage Outback.

:) Hi Pav.I tried my luck in the Estuary from Appledore without any luck last week.Westward Ho! Looks good around the rocks at the back of the Elizabethan hotel ,is that where you fished.Where did you launch from as there always seems to be surf about 2-3 ft or worse .

There are a few North Deb'n Beys on the forum but things have been a bit quiet lately.

Off the point spuds. Monday - No swell, just wind chop as the wind pushed against the tide. Once the tide turned it was very nice. Ok, not flat but no problems launching etc.

The Pollock were taken on lures.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a scare a trevose few weeks back. 3 small pollack and one about 5lb from a quick dip at Trevose head. BE WARNED OF THE SWELL!

It was choppy but not too difficult at first but went mental after about 2 hrs and i crapped my pants more than once. But saying that, when it went mad was when my mate pulled the 5lber out. I know its old advice but this time of year it is best you go out in company. I been kayaking for a few years now and i really sh*t it.

Few weeks earlier a couple of newquay lads got into trouble near Porth on yaks despite being seasoned yakkers. I heard tell of some bass near hawkers up near padstow but nothing to confirm. Dogs showing tho as we found hooked damaged carcasses at trevone.

Went out on the taw etuary from appledore.Numerous bites.was plagued with small school bass which stripped the worm bait as soon as it touched bottom.

It was nice to get out though .

Hobie Mirage Outback.