Anchor Trolley

SeaDooDavid

GB,

I know what your saying, I'm terrible, got a new rod for my birthday Greys G100 and it's so nice I want to now get a new reel to go with it, trouble is everything I like is over the 120 mark :D

Also want a new bait rod and have just found the Masterline Tideline in my local tackle shop, 2ft butt with 3 x 5ft seperate top sections 12lb, 20lb and 30lb class, £79.95, want to try one, but also want a Greys Longboat, but then the handle is a little long, decisions, decisions and then there is her indoors to get them past... hmmm.

We are off to Beaulieu Boat Jumble on Sunday, tons of gear their to wet your appetite and great fun the whole family enjoys it.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Your right, the anchor trolley is to allow you to sit at any angle to the tide, you tie off the anchor line conveniently beside you in the cockpit and then pull the anchor end of the line to the rear of the kayak with the trolley system and secure the trolley in position so that you stay in position. There are some pictures on AnglersAfloat showing the idea on dry land. They are towards the end of the article.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi SDD

I have just finnished the kayak and will be taking it/her out on sunday.. Interested???

The anchor trolley i have set up uses the existing fastners (done enough drilling for the moment!!) such as the bow padeye and part of the paddle retainer. I have used probably a little more bungee than usuall but I wanted to get the front block away from the yak. As most of my weight (me included will be at the back i wanted to be able to achor from the bow. so I hope once in position the tide will hold the yak there rather than having a cleat to lock the trolley. I will post some pics tomorrow..just in case somebody daft fool fancies a sidekick...(there was method in my madness honest!!!)

Dingle

Hi SDD

I have just finnished the kayak and will be taking it/her out on sunday.. Interested???

The anchor trolley i have set up uses the existing fastners (done enough drilling for the moment!!) such as the bow padeye and part of the paddle retainer. I have used probably a little more bungee than usuall but I wanted to get the front block away from the yak. As most of my weight (me included will be at the back i wanted to be able to achor from the bow. so I hope once in position the tide will hold the yak there rather than having a cleat to lock the trolley. I will post some pics tomorrow..just in case somebody daft fool fancies a sidekick...(there was method in my madness honest!!!)

Dingle

Hi Dingle

I am out walking with friends on Sunday (missus is a artic driver and this weekend is her only one off for a while so dare not get out of it ha ha :black_eye: ) I am off to Barrow shopping now (yeah great :schmoll: ) but plan to get out when I get back, but will only have time to get launched from our shore front (eskmeals beach) I think the tide is 5pm ish so should make it, fingers crossed!!! if you could make that?? Obviously last minute job so no problem mate, will have to meet up though (safety in numbers) and I am new to yak fishing (but kayaked for years!!) The sidekick is a good kayak mate! it looks really roomy, and I like the new hatch you have fitted (no leaks??) might get one for me scupper :) as I was impressed at your fitting mate. Will PM you with my mobile (have to look the number up on the phone (newish!!)

If I wasn't being dragged (errr I mean eagerly going shopping :) ) to Barrow I would be up there in a shot! and fully intend (look forward to fishin the head!) Good luck if you go, or again feel free to pop up here if ya can make it? Like I say, I think I would miss the tide if I got back from Barra and had to get up that wy mate!! ~~~~~~~~~~ talk soon and will pm you with me number!~~~~~~~~SDD :sun:

Look forwards to your reports lads. Would definitely like to join you in Summer for a guided tour of the heads , maybe a mackie barby at Flewick if the weathers good :sun:

Just got back from Barrow, realised I had badly mis-judged the tide (which works out well!!!) so might go for a quick paddle on Bootle / Eskmeals beach :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Can't complain about the missus coz she bought me some crag hoppers aqua dry waterproof trousers for the yak, and a Crag Hoppers T shirtwith a very appropriate logo / saying on it which I have posted below!. Seeing as women seem to think we (blokes) are always lost, it seemed soooooo to the point :rolleyes:

Just got back from Barrow, realised I had badly mis-judged the tide (which works out well!!!) so might go for a quick paddle on Bootle / Eskmeals beach :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Can't complain about the missus coz she bought me some crag hoppers aqua dry waterproof trousers for the yak, and a Crag Hoppers T shirtwith a very appropriate logo / saying on it which I have posted below!. Seeing as women seem to think we (blokes) are always lost, it seemed soooooo to the point :rolleyes:

Martin

We will all HAVE to difinatelty meet up for a paddle around St Bees head :yeah:

I quite fancy that!! The wrech that dingle also sounds good! Gotta get a move on wi mi abchor trolley!!

Got nearly the bits thanks to the great lads of AnglersNet

Thanks for the advice everybody :):):)

SDD

Martin

We will all HAVE to difinatelty meet up for a paddle around St Bees head :yeah:

I quite fancy that!! The wrech that dingle also sounds good! Gotta get a move on wi mi abchor trolley!!

Got nearly the bits thanks to the great lads of AnglersNet

Thanks for the advice everybody :):):)

SDD

definitely even :oops:

:)

Hi SDD,

Got the message about today a tad late so apologies...bait digging and finnishing the yak today so not much time on the pc..I am pretty pleased with the Yak though and will be posting the pics shortly see what you all think.

Anyway we will definately catch up soon and the trip round the heads sounds superb..bring on summer!!!!(cracking idea Martin just give us a shout when your next up this way).

Cheers

Dingle

Hi SDD,

Got the message about today a tad late so apologies...bait digging and finnishing the yak today so not much time on the pc..I am pretty pleased with the Yak though and will be posting the pics shortly see what you all think.

Anyway we will definately catch up soon and the trip round the heads sounds superb..bring on summer!!!!(cracking idea Martin just give us a shout when your next up this way).

Cheers

Dingle

Count me in Dingle (and Martin) :):):)

It was a very small tide anyway mate and I was still a bit rushed to do any fishing really!. Just "surveyed the area and confirmed the bottom / area where I fancy a fish!. Was gonna go early tomorrow (Sunday) before we go walking with friends, but weather looking pretty dire at the mo :( Still will have a look early doors and see!. Next weekend is free for me so will have to have a go at summat!(bigger tides too). Might even have sorted the anchor trolley by then (stuff orderd from all over the place ha ha) :lol:

The only thing I am not too sure about is attaching the forward pulley to the bow area?. Might need an extra pad eye or something up there!. Will suss it out I am sure :)

Right back to the interne shopping :) (and WE call the women for shopping :wub: ha ha

Talk soon ~~~~ SDD :sun: p.s look forward to the pics!!