South West Devon Fish Report

Yaskalos

Hi All

Spent some time in my local tackle shop this morning getting all the latest local gossip and summer has arrived in this part of the world.

In the past week some good thornbacks have been taken from both the Tamar and the Yealm rivers. (Most on Prawn)

Plaice are now showing frequently from shallow water rock marks onto sand all the way along the South Devon coast, biggest reported in the last week is 3-12 (shore).

Mullet are in the sound biggest reported just over 3lb.

Pollock have moved onto the inshore reefs - 12lb, these will be closely followed by Bass.

Sandeels are shoaling on some of the SE Cornwall beaches.

Also reports of Huss and Small-Eyed's from the Yealm - Mothecombe area.

Will be getting her belly wet again tomorrow!

Nick

:)

Thanks Nick,

Very encouraging,Haven't caught anything yet this year from the yak but in the last week had a shoal of sandeels shoot under me whilst off Mothecombe,if they are there then their predators will follow :yeah: Trying from mothecombe again on sunday afternoon-attempting to find the wreck and gully a bit out of the mouth(re:admiralty chart) Give me a ring(and anyone else) if you're interested

Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Jon

Have a trip planned for early tomorrow morning so Sunday is doubtful for me but will call you if I can get out.

Must speak to you soon re this Devon meet on the 29th.

Nick