Fishing Report - Guernsey East Coast

FishingGuernsey

Took a few chaps from the UK on a shore hunt for anything that was hungry but with emphasis on Bass and Bream.

Not a lot of action, in fact not even a definite bite, few possible bites with the "did you see that?" type bites out of the corner of the eye.

Baits were: Scallop Frills (fresh ones), Mackerel head & guts and Mackerel Fillet.

Tide: Fished from about half tide to an hour before high. 8.1m tide (that's near middle of the neaps, 10m is top spring here)

No fish but great company and a good chat. Look forward to seeing them again later in the month. Everyone went home happy which is the main thing.

Andy

Edited by FishingGuernsey

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Nice report Andy, The Bathing Pools were one of my favourite spearing locations. Always saw plenty of Bass round there at high tide, some fairly large shoals. The fish were nearly always in mid water until around low tide when they used to disperse slightly and grub along the bottom. Lures at Hw, Head and guts at low maybe worth a try?

Talking of grubbing around bottoms, it was nearly always getting dark by the time I came in and the Bathing Pools were no place for a young man to be getting his kit off without attracting the wrong kind of folk. A soggy drive home in the wetsuit was much preferable.

;)

Good Luck with the new venture. :)

Nice report Andy, The Bathing Pools were one of my favourite spearing locations. Always saw plenty of Bass round there at high tide, some fairly large shoals. The fish were nearly always in mid water until around low tide when they used to disperse slightly and grub along the bottom. Lures at Hw, Head and guts at low maybe worth a try?

Talking of grubbing around bottoms, it was nearly always getting dark by the time I came in and the Bathing Pools were no place for a young man to be getting his kit off without attracting the wrong kind of folk. A soggy drive home in the wetsuit was much preferable.

;)

Good Luck with the new venture. :)

There is a nice little spot (drop off down a large rock which forces passing fish to swim around it) which fishes about an hour after low which is best with the head and guts not far from where we were but the tide was a little high when we got there. There is always a chance with the mackerel for bait as conger do show up as well.

We did have the plugging gear going as well for a while and it went OK, I have had a 5lb wrasse on the plug exactly where we were fishing but no show last night.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society