Bolt rigs for perch

Kappa

All my Perch rigs are free running even my sunk float paternoster rigs. I very rarely deadbait for them as although the Burkester has had a lot of sucsess with deads I've allways struggled and found lives and worms better. My only experience with bolt rigs and Perch is the same as others have mentioned ie when maggot fishing with a method feeder for Tench. I found I was still deep hooking. So much so in fact that that particular year on that water I stopped using the set up due to the amount of accidental Perch I was killing. Circles Ive have mixed results with for Perch. Didn't think they were going to improve the hook up ratio (if anything a bit worse) but had hoped they would avoid deep hooking. Like I said mixed results yes not many were deep hooked (all though the hook can still "trip" on the gill rakers! ) but also fewer sucsessfull hook ups!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!