Engine whine

GlennB

either that or get a louder stereo as mentioned by another realistic angler ;)

Aye, a good stereo will really help when yer engine blows at 80 in the fast lane......

Nae wonder you work fer yerself Jon...no one else will employ you....... :P:P:blink::P:P

Have a good one next weekend BTW...see you in August ..... :D:D seemingly we are doing the convoy system ...darn sarf..... :thumbs:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest Brumagem Phil

Check for air leaks too.........................either from the turbo side of things or from crankcase pressure (pull the dipstick out and see if it goes away). To check for the turbo, remove one of the boost pies (the big ones going to the turbo and see if it changes the tone of the noise (the car will lose boost and will be sloooow but that doesnt matter as its only a test).

Whilst I wouldnt rule out the belt issues mentioned by others, I'd be surprised if such an issue would present with symptoms which didnt change under engine load or engine speed.

Sounds to me to be air pressure related one way or another.

Edited by Brumagem Phil