SWING TIPS

tincatinca

.... Mind you , i actually own a polaris side-winder III , a sort of sideways quivertip that connects to the rod about halfway along the rod. Just havn't used it yet !!!

Give it a try - I have one that is great on stillwaters and canals. yet to try it on a river.

Has the added advantage that you can attach it to a match rod and take less kit out with you.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Just back from an evening session. When I arrived at the lake I found athat a few fish were grubbing about in the shallows fairly close in. I always take a specimen float rod fitted with a pin which I normally use in conjunction with a polaris float and feeder so for curiosity I put the pin on one of the avons with a maggot feeder. Luckily I managed to get a couple of decent Tench but what an exhilerating experience watching the tip fly up followed by the music of the pin. I think that I have found a method that will keep me happy for a while. Roll on next weekend when I will try a pin on each Avon.

Your local tackleshop should be able to fit a end ring with a screw in end for a swing tip, mine did it for about £6.00.

I also bought a Drennan Light feeder that comes with 4 quivers from 1/2 ounce upwards and a purpose made push in swing tip.

The great advantage of the swing tip is if you are in a restricted swim and can't get a good angle on the quiver, you also get I think a better indication of slight lift bites than a quiver and your not affected by the wind as much, sidways motion is always the wind, up and down is the fish

:boat: