New in more ways than one...................

SirRosisOfTheRiver

Hiya fellow anglers

I have recently immigrated from South Africa; been in the UK for about eight weeks; settled in Wigan last Saturday; and am keen to get into a bit of local fishing action!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't know anybody, don't know the fishing spots, and don't really know much about local fishing techniques.

I am however extremely happy about finding this site and am confident that things will progress from here (after all, fishing is a universal language right?).

I have traditionally been a sea angler and have recently started trying my hand at fly fishing but am happy to get involved in any form of angling so long as it involves a rod and reel.

I have my own transport and tackle and would hope to hear from guys in the area that wouldn't mind showing me the ropes and possibly allow me to tag along on outings.

I have already purchased my fishing license and am rearing to go.................

Fishing Is Not A Matter Of Life And Death,........ It's more important than that!!!!!

I would suggest finding and visiting your local tackle shop who can tell you about waters in your area, and local fishing clubs etc. both coarse (freshwater) and sea fishing clubs.

see: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&i...yUK%7CcountryGB

Most freshwater in the UK is owned by clubs and can only be fished by club members, some offer day-tickets to visiting anglers, and in some places there is public free fishing.

Sea fishing is free (and you don't need a licence), although some piers do charge.

Fly-fishing in the sea is catching on here in the UK.

And many charter boats take anglers out to deeper water, wrecks etc, expect to pay around £35 - £60 per day.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

If you fancy some sea fishing let me know, Ive got all the gear youll need dont buy any yet. I am not to far away from you(Blackpool) maybe you could fish during the day and you could see our famous illuminations during the evening. Youll be made most welcome

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

If you fancy some sea fishing let me know, Ive got all the gear youll need dont buy any yet. I am not to far away from you(Blackpool) maybe you could fish during the day and you could see our famous illuminations during the evening. Youll be made most welcome

Cheers Ian

I may just take you up on that offer. What fish can I expect to catch in Blackpool?

Fishing Is Not A Matter Of Life And Death,........ It's more important than that!!!!!

At this moment there are Whiting, Codling, Bass, Dogfish, Flounder. All should be here in greater numbers in a week or two :clap: or if not it will be :wallbash:

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

At this moment there are Whiting, Codling, Bass, Dogfish, Flounder. All should be here in greater numbers in a week or two :clap: or if not it will be :wallbash:

The missus has got me pretty busy with setting up new home at the moment but should be free in a few weeks time - stay in touch as I would really be interested to see what local sea angling is all about.