fly fishing in France

hymer544

hello all has anybody fly fished in France, do you need a permit to fish rivers, if so how much , where do you get them and finally how do you ask for them

many thanks Chris :yeah::yeah::yeah:

you don't have to be mad but it helps!!!!!

Fly fishing in France is serious stuff, you will be fishing 'premier' grade waters.

The rules and costs change slightly between departments but its all broadly similar. This is some info. regarding fishing in the Limousin, the only area that I'm familiar with here, but for information specific to the area that you plan to visit, then you need to do a google search.

Permits are available locally from tackle shops, but its also possible to get them from the local tourist office where english will be spoken. Again google should be able to find you the local tourist office. eMail them for details of local fly fishing and trout/salmon licences.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'